Sunday, January 18, 2009

Superman

University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow is so accomplished, his nickname is Superman. The list of tongue-in-cheek "Tebowisms" is ever-growing: "You can lead a horse to water; Tim Tebow can make him drink." ... "It takes Tim Tebow 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes." ... And so on.

Indeed, what Tebow has done on the field in three seasons is astounding: national championship his freshman year, Heisman Trophy as a sophomore, another national title as a junior. Equally impressive is his character. Check out the story link below from the Florida Baptist Witness, in which Tebow's mother shares insights on having raised her child prodigy. Even many among the anti-Gator Nation (me included) can't help but like the guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad write-up for a diehard bulldog fan. : ) That's the great thing about the Lord...he even crosses SEC barriers. Hope you're doing well Al. I've enjoyed reading your posts. Don't forget to stop by when you're in south Georgia. Your bro...Gary

Anonymous said...

I, too, am an anti-Gator fan, even though my husband and son are diehard Gators. That being said, I have to give Little Timmy his due. What a wonderful role model. I am really impressed by this young man and very happy for his accomplishments. I love how he gives all the glory to God on and off camera.