Sunday, April 11, 2010

Call to Action


I’ve mentioned it before, but I want to again recommend a book I've been reading. The Hole in Our Gospel, by World Vision President Richard Stearns, is a stirring call to action for God’s Church to get involved in the lives of the poor. If God’s people – not the world at large, just the Christian Church – would give more generously of their time, talent and treasure, Stearns contends that poverty could be eradicated. Here’s more from the book’s website:

This is a story of how a CEO faced his own struggle to obey God, whatever the cost, and his passionate call for Christians to change the world by actively living out their faith. Believing that the “good news” is more than a private transaction between God and us, Stearns challenges readers with this question: What does God expect of us? Two thousand years ago, twelve people changed the world. Stearns believes it can happen again.

If you are a Christian, I encourage you to check out this challenging book. For more details on the book and the ideas put forth in it, go to http://www.theholeinourgospel.com.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am reading this book and I love it.

Caroline