Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Georgia on my Mind

Last month I posted that I was starting a new job on Hilton Head Island. In ending that post I said, “Where God leads, I will follow.” Now, less than two months later, He has lead me to pack up and move again. Starting April 18, I’ll begin work as a copywriter in the marketing department at Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. I’m really excited about the job and the location.

Life has been full of uncertainty since I returned from Africa in December, as I wondered where I would work and live. Looking back, if I’ve learned one thing over the past three months, it’s this: Quit trying to figure out what God is up to and just live for Him – one day at a time.

“So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own” (Matthew 6:31-34).

3 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats! Is that closer to us?

Linda messer said...

Awesome - you have always been a good writer so follow God where he leads - His thoughts are not our thoughts and His ways are not our ways - thank goodness for that but know this - His plans are the best! Good luck to you!
Linda

Anonymous said...

Better to be in Pine Mountain than a pine box, even though this guy disagrees