Monday, August 23, 2010

Overwhelmed

Each month I get a statement from Shepherd’s Staff, the mission organization that receives and administers financial contributions to my work here in Cape Town. Every time I open it, I’m humbled by the generosity of people who have felt led to give. Some gifts are from people I know well; some are from out of the blue; all are part of God’s sovereign and faithful hand in providing for me. In living here as a volunteer for more than a year, I’ve come to realize more than ever that God truly “will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

Financial support is important, of course, but so are prayer and words of encouragement, and I have been blessed by plenty of those as well. With regard to prayer, I’ll probably never know the extent to which people have interceded on my behalf – but I do know it’s significant. So to anyone out there who has ever contributed even one dollar, offered up one prayer, spoken one word of encouragement, or otherwise helped me and my mission in any way – here’s a big Table Mountain-sized “thank you.” I wouldn’t be here without you.

2 comments:

Bryonm said...

Thanks for mentioning Shepherd's Staff, Allen.

Peace, my friend.

Allen Allnoch said...

Thanks to you and Shepherd's Staff as well, Bryan!